Introducing Philosophy (Paperback)
A Graphic Guide
Dave Robinson, Judy Groves
Share this book
Philosophers have always enjoyed asking awkward and provocative questions, such as:
- What is the nature of reality?
- What are human beings really like?
- What is special about the human mind and consciousness?
- Are we free to choose who we are and what we do?
- Can we prove that God exists?
- Can we be certain about anything at all?
- What is truth?
- Does language provide us with a true picture of the world?
- How should we behave towards each other?
- Do computers think?
Introducing Philosophy is a comprehensive graphic guide to the thinking of all the significant philosophers of the Western world from Heraclitus to Derrida. It examines and explains their key arguments and ideas without being obscure or solemn. Lively and accessible, it is the perfect introduction to philosophers and philosophical ideas for anyone coming to the subject for the first time.