news & blog.
November 10, 2014
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR ICON BOOKS’ NEW SELF-IMPROVEMENT SERIES:
WORK / LIFE BALANCE
Do you want to be part of Icon Books’ newest venture? We’re looking for counsellors, business leaders, psychologists and lifestyle writers keen to share their insights with the world. No gimmicks, no abstract philosophizing, just practical guidance to help readers find balance in their working and personal lives. Simple, but effective.
YOUR BOOK MUST BE:
- ● 40,000 words (at least 10 chapters)
- ● Engaging and accessible for readers, without assuming background knowledge or using specialist jargon
- ● Appealing to an international audience
- ● Grounded in psychological or business theory
- ● Practical with real-world applications
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- ● A contract for print and electronic publication
- ● Advance and royalty payments
- ● International distribution
- ● A brief synopsis of the proposed book
- ● A detailed chapter breakdown of the proposed book
- ● A sample chapter – this will help us to appreciate your writing style and approach
- ● An overview of any complementary or competing titles and an indication of your intended market (please try to be as specific as possible)
- ● Tell us about yourself! what are your relevant qualifications or professional experience?
- ● An estimated completion date
- ● Email submissions to email@example.com indicating ‘Work/Life Balance’ in the subject line.
Please note that we do not accept postal submissions, and are unable to return any hard copies of manuscripts sent to us by post.
We aim to respond to all submissions within three to four months of their receipt, so please bear with us if you haven’t heard back from us yet!